When a person loses their teeth and their roots, dental implants, also known as teeth implants, offer a permanent and reliable replacement. Since dental implants are the only treatment option that can replace both the missing tooth and its root, they are often considered to be the gold standard for tooth replacement.
You may be wondering if dental implants are a good investment if you need to replace missing teeth. For most patients looking to replace their lost teeth, the price difference between tooth implants and other traditional forms of restoration will be a major issue in making their decision.
Treatment is often only a little more expensive than conventional dental care. Because they last a lifetime and never need to be replaced, dental implants save money in the long term. And it’s money well spent for people who want to avoid future dental issues.
What are Dental Implants?
Missing teeth can be replaced with dental implants in Dearborn. After a gum incision, a titanium screw is put into your jawbone. Screwing an abutment onto the screw secures the dental crown, which will operate and look like your original teeth.
A dental crown can only be implanted once the bone heals and accepts the new root. Your dental crown may be ready in two or three weeks, but full healing can take six months to a year. Mending happens behind the scenes so that you won’t notice it, and many patients report no pain.
As you gently resume your regular diet, especially meals that need more chewing and biting, be patient. Dental implant surgery is usually simple. If you have gum disease, bone or gum graft recovery may take longer.
Benefits of Dental Implant Surgery
Getting implants from a dentist in Dearborn has many advantages, and some of the main ones are listed below:
- Implants blend into your smile and look just like your natural teeth.
- This treatment offers permanence. Since they are attached to your jawbone, the implants are secure and can last as long as your natural teeth with proper care.
- Implants don’t affect your neighbouring teeth or other, previously acquired prosthetics like dental bridges or fillings.
- Because no adjacent teeth are reduced to anchor the implant, more healthy teeth are damaged, improving long-term oral health.
- Your implants won’t shift out of place because the titanium post is firmly bonded to your jawbone. This also prevents bone deterioration.
- It’s easier to maintain implants as opposed to detachable prosthetics.
Is It Worth It to Get Dental Implants?
Your oral health and finances play a role in determining whether this procedure is worth pursuing. With that said, here are some things you may want to consider before committing to anything:
- Dental implants to improve your smile by replacing damaged or missing teeth. They can be an excellent investment for permanent tooth replacement.
- Dental implants improve your life by restoring your ability to eat, speak, and smile.
- They appear, feel, and function like genuine teeth, boosting confidence and convenience.
- Dental implants are known for their durability. Their lengthy lifespan might save money if maintained.
- Dental implants don’t require alterations to neighbouring healthy teeth, unlike other tooth replacement options.
- Dental implants protect bone mass, stimulating jaw bone development and preserving your facial profile.
Have further questions about this restorative process? Contact your dentist in Dearborn; they’ll be able to assist with your needs. They’ll also walk you through the process step by step so you feel prepared and comfortable.
Lastly, it’s important that you speak with your dentist about payment options or get in touch with your insurance provider.
Call Us at Royal Dentistry Today
Dental implants are both a commitment and investment, but one that is certainly worth it as they’ll ensure that your smile functions correctly for years to come. Please get in touch with our wonderful staff if you’re ready to schedule a consultation to learn more. We’re very excited to work with you soon!